1) Information on the collection of personal data and contact details of the responsible party
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In following we will inform you about how we handle your personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The responsible party for data processing on this website within the meaning of the Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) is
Echle Hartstahl GmbH
Untere Zinne 6
1.3 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential contents (e.g. orders or inquiries to the responsible party), this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the character string "https://" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
When using our website for informational purposes only, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the data that your browser sends to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display the website:
- Our visited website
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if necessary: in anonymised form)
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 letter f DSGVO based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
To make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called “session cookies”). Other cookies remain on your terminal device and enable us to recognize your browser the next time you visit us (so-called “persistent cookies”). If cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information to an individual extent, such as browser, location data and IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. The duration of the respective cookie storage can be seen in the overview of your web browser’s cookie settings.
Sometimes cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the contents of a virtual shopping cart for a later visit to the website). Insofar as personal data are also processed by individual cookies used by us, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 letter b DSGVO for the execution of the contract, in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 letter a DSGVO in the case of granted consent or in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 letter f DSGVO to safeguard our legitimate interests in the website’s best possible functionality as well as a customer-friendly and effective design of the site visit.
Please note that you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and can decide individually whether to accept them or to exclude the acceptance of cookies for either certain cases otherwise globally. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in each browser’s help menu, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can find these for each browser under the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please note that if cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be limited.
Personal data are collected when contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail). Which data are collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for contacting you and for associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing these data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 letter f DSGVO. If your contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, an additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 letter b DSGVO. Your data will be deleted after finally processing your request. This is the case if it can be deduced from the circumstances that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified and provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
5) Data processing when opening a customer account and for contract fulfilment
In accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 letter b DSGVO, personal data will continue to be collected and processed if you provide us with this information for the purpose of executing a contract or opening a customer account. Which data are collected can be seen from the respective input forms. A deletion of your customer account is possible at any time and can be done by sending a message to the above-mentioned address of the responsible party. We store and use the data that you provide us for the purpose of contract fulfilment. After complete fulfilment of the contract or deletion of your customer account, your data will be blocked in accordance with tax and commercial law retention periods as well as deleted after these periods have expired, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or a legally permitted further use of data has been reserved by us.
6) Data processing for order fulfilment
To process your order, we work together with service provider(s), who support(s) us either entirely or partially for executing concluded contracts. Certain personal data will be transmitted to these service providers in accordance with the following information.
Personal data collected by us will be passed onto the transport company commissioned with the delivery within the framework of contract fulfilment, if this is necessary for delivering the goods. Your payment data will be transmitted to the assigned credit institute if necessary for payment processing. If payment service providers are used, we will inform you explicitly about this below. The legal basis for data transfer is Art. 6 para. 1 letter b DSGVO.
7) Tools and miscellaneous
- Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called “web fonts”, which are provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google") for uniformly displaying fonts. Upon displaying a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display fonts and texts correctly. For this purpose, the browser that you are using must connect to Google's servers. This may also involve the transmission of personal data to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA. In this way, Google obtains knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest in the sense of Art. 6 para. 1 letter f DSGVO. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font from your computer will be used.
8) Rights of the person concerned
8.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the party responsible for processing your personal data, about which we inform you below:
- Right of access under Art. 15 DSGVO: In particular, you have a right of access to your personal data processed by us for the purposes of fulfilment, to the categories of personal data processed, to the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, to the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, to the existence of a right of rectification, to cancellation, to restriction of processing, to opposition to processing, to complaint to a supervisory authority, to the origin of your data if it has not been collected from you by us, to the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, to meaningful information on the logic involved as well as to the scope and intended effects of such processing on you, moreover to your right to be informed of the guarantees provided under Art. 46 DPA when your data are transferred to third countries;
- Right of rectification in accordance with art. 16 DSGVO: You have the right to request immediate rectification of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right of deletion in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the conditions of Art. 17 para. 1 DSGVO are met. However, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to limit processing in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO: You have the right to demand the limitation of the processing of your personal data for as long as the accuracy of your data which you dispute is checked, if you refuse to delete your data because of unauthorized data processing and instead demand the limitation of the processing of your data, if you require your data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, after we no longer require this data after the purpose has been achieved, or if you have lodged an objection for reasons relating to your particular situation, as long as it has not yet been established whether our justified reasons outweigh the objection;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 DSGVO: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis the controller, the controller is obliged to notify all recipients, to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed, regarding this rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves an unreasonable effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data transferability in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that they be transferred to another responsible party, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consents granted in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 DSGVO: You have the right to revoke at any time with future effect any consent you have given to the processing of data. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned, unless further processing cannot be based on legal grounds for processing without consent. The revocation of consent does not affect the processing’s lawfulness carried out on the basis of consent until revocation;
- Right to appeal pursuant to Art. 77 DSGVO: If you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you is in breach of the Date Protection Authority, you have the right - without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy - to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State within which you reside, your place of work or the place where the alleged breach occurs.
8.2 Right of objection
If we process your personal data as part of a balancing of interests based on our overriding legitimate interest, you have the right to object to this processing at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation, with future effect.
If you make use of your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned. However, we reserve the right to further process the data if we can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If your personal data are processed by us for the purpose of direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising. You may exercise your right to object as described above.
If you exercise your right of objection, we will stop processing the data concerned for direct marketing purposes.
9) Duration of personal data storage
The duration of the storage of personal data are determined by the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and - if relevant - additionally by the respective legal retention period (e.g. retention periods under commercial and tax law).
When personal data are processed based on explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter a DSGVO, these data are stored until the person concerned revokes her/his consent.
If there are legal retention periods for data which are processed within the scope of legal or similar obligations based on Art. 6 Para. 1 letter b DSGVO, these data are routinely deleted after expiry of the retention periods, provided that they are no longer required for either performing or initiating the contract and/or we have no justified interest in the data’s further storage.
When personal data are processed based on Art. 6 Para. 1 letter f DSGVO, these data are stored until the person concerned exercises her/his right to object in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 DSGVO, unless we can prove compelling reasons, which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned for processing worthy of protection, otherwise said processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
In the case of processing personal data for the purpose of direct advertising based on Art. 6 para. 1 letter f DSGVO, these data are stored until the person concerned exercises her/his right to object in accordance with Art. 21 para. 2 DSGVO.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this declaration concerning specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
The original German source text, which has been herein translated into English, is the only authentic text in the event of discrepancies between said German text and any translation into any other foreign language.
Status of original German document: November, 2020 [translated from German into English on the 30th of November, 2020]